Clinton County CleanScapes Spring Cleanups Announced
The Clinton County CleanScapes Project has announced Spring Cleanup Events in Bradford, Centre, Clinton, Lycoming and Union Counties for dates in March, April and May. Volunteers are needed for each of the events.
The events will be held--
· March 10 -- Lewis Twp., Union County. Join CCC, Union Co. Conservation District & the Penns Creek Watershed Assoc. as they remove man-made debris from the streambanks of Penns Creek;
· March 31 -- Williamsport, Lycoming County. Join CCC & DCNR employees as they remove man-made debris from Shikellamy State Park. The forested area is adjacent to the West Branch Sus. River & the old canal channel just off Reach Road. Free shuttle service is available from Lock Haven complements of the Wayne Twp. Landfill;
· April 21 -- Curtin Twp., Centre County. Join CCC, PA CleanWays, ClearWater Conservancy, Beech Creek Watershed Assoc. & DCNR employees as they remove man-made from Sproul State Forest along De Hass Rd. & the railbed trail near Orviston. Free shuttle service is available from Lock Haven complements of the Wayne Twp. Landfill;
· April 28 -- Bald Eagle Twp., Clinton County. Join CCC in helping a landowner remove illegally dumped tires from a restored section of the old Bald Eagle Creek canal system. Area is wet so waterproof boats & chest waders are recommended-no sandals!;
· May 5 -- Canton Twp., Bradford County. Join CCC as we remove illegally dumped debris from a tributary floodplain of Lycoming Creek adjacent to SR 3003 off of Rt. 14. From start to finish, this site will undergo a very dramatic change! Come & see for yourself!
Photographers are encouraged to volunteer! If the volunteer does not own a camera, volunteers will be provided film, a disk or disposable camera. The cost of film developing will be paid through CCC with the understanding that one copy of the photographs will become the property of CCC and will be used for educational purposes.
Refreshment Coordinators will deliver lunches and drinks to the cleanup site, bake, and/or set up the picnic style luncheon.
Pre-registration for all events are required no later than two days prior to the cleanup event (12 p.m. Thursday). Gloves, bags and safety vests will be provided. Long pants, shirts and closed toed shoes are mandatory. Youth 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Project funded in part by: CCC Members, DCNR’s Shikellamy State Park & Sproul State Forest, Williamsport-Lycoming Community Foundation, PA CleanWays , Clinton Co. Commissioners, Wayne Twp. Landfill, PENNDOT, Avery Dennison & Dominion.
Questions about driving directions and event registrations should be sent to CCC Project Director Elisabeth Lynch at 570-893-4123 or email@example.com .
For more information, visit the Clinton County CleanScapes webpage.
|Go To Preceding Article Go To Next Article|