Calendar of Events
Upcoming conferences, meetings, workshops, plus links to other online calendars. Meetings are in
· December 4—NEW. House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee meets to consider Special Session House Bill 15 (King-D-Bucks) setting minimum energy efficiency standards for appliances and Special Session House Bill 36 (George-D-Clearfield) establishing a State Energy Office. Room 39 East Wing. 9:00.
· December 4—NEW. Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee meets to consider House Resolution 410 (DeWeese-D-Greene) that would designate December 19 “Coal Miner’s Day;” Senate Bill 497 (Robbins-R-Mercer) making changes to landowner liability opening land to recreation and hunting; and Senate Bill 1050 (Baker-R-Luzerne) transferring $3 million to a new Used Tire Pile Remediation Account from the Recycling Fund. Room 8E-B East Wing. 9:30.
· December 5—NEW. Senate Local Government Committee meets to consider House Bill 1329 (Kessler-D-Berks) further providing for challenges to the validity of zoning ordinances. Room 8E-A East Wing. 9:30.
· December 5—NEW. House Local Government Committee meets to consider House Bill 904 (Freeman-D-Lehigh) authorizing local temporary development moratoriums. Room 39 East Wing. 9:30.
· December 5—NEW. House Republican Policy Committee public hearing on Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund. East Whiteland Township Municipal Building, 209 Conestoga Road, Frazer. 10:00.
· December 5— DCNR Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Council meeting. Room 105 Rachel Carson Building. 10:00.
· December 11— CANCELLED. DEP Laboratory Accreditation Advisory Committee meeting.
· December 11—NEW. House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee meeting to consider House Bill 379 (Cutler-R-Lancaster) making changes to ecoterrorism penalties. Room 60 East Wing. Call of Chair.
· December 12— DEP Sewage Advisory Committee will discuss proposed changes to Chapter 73. 2nd Floor Conference Room, Rachel Carson Building. 10:30.
· December 12—NEW. Delaware River Basin Commission informal conference and hearing on the
· December 13 – DEP Small Water Systems Technical Assistance Center Advisory Board meeting. Room 105
· February 22-23 – 2008 Keystone Coldwater Conference.
· March 28— Lehigh Valley Watershed Conference and Shad Symposium. Holiday Inn, Fogelsville.DEP Calendar of Events
(courtesy PA Center for Environmental Education)
|Go To Preceding Article Go To Next Article|